The Southern California Independent Booksellers Association (SCIBA) is a non-profit trade association of independent booksellers, book wholesalers, publishers and other industry professionals located primarily in Southern California and Southern Nevada.
The mission of the Southern California Independent Booksellers Association is to foster community among its core members, provide opportunities for peer interaction and learning, maintain the notion of Southern California as a viable and important part of the national bookselling landscape, and to advocate on the behalf of its core members.
To achieve its Mission the SCIBA will:
Programs & Activities
- Promote Independent Bookselling
- Provide Members Opportunities for Networking
- Promote Southern California as a Viable, Literary Bookselling Market
- Advocate on Behalf of SCIBA’s Core Members
- Provide access to educational opportunities to build business skills to our membership
- Promote literacy
- Annual Trade Show
- Holiday Catalog
- Children's Books & Literacy Program
- Southern California Guide to Independent Bookstores
- Annual SCIBA Book Awards
- Spring Meeting & ABA Forum
- SCIBA/IndieBound Bestseller List
- SCIBA Rep Directory
- SCIBA Local Author Directory
For additional information, please contact SCIBA at 909-938-5809.